How to cook frozen hamburger patties? You must know the answer to this question as almost every individual you’ll meet in life is a fan of hamburgers. If you know how to prepare hamburgers at home, you’ll never need to look for ways to please your guests. A nicely prepared burger served with sautéed veggies paired with your favorite seasoning makes a perfect meal for any gathering.
However, it’s not easy to prepare burger patties from scratch. So, to make the process slightly more manageable for you, you should keep frozen hamburger patties in your freezer. Next, follow the following procedures to prepare delicious hamburgers at home.
Tips on How to Cook Frozen Hamburger Patties
- Use the frozen patties only after thawing them.
- If you are in a hurry, microwave the patties for a couple of minutes to speed up the thawing process. If you go beyond that, they will get cooked. Two minutes are enough for defrosting frozen patties.
- Never forget to add the classic combo of salt and pepper. Also, add some fresh garlic or garlic powder to make the meal more flavorsome.
- You can also add onion powder if you love the flavor.
- If you want the burger to be spicy, add chili powder to taste.
- And if you like spicy food, then chili powder is the spice you need. Put as much as you like so you’ll get the perfect spicy burger patty.
- When preparing the patties, you can also add pickles, veggies, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc.
- You can buy buns of your choice from your nearby stores. If you don’t plan to prepare the burgers right away, consider freezing the buns. Defrost the buns when you are ready to make burgers.
How to Cook Frozen Patties on a Flat Pan?
- Use the flat pan you usually use to prepare different seafood types for cooking the patties. Heat the pan for around five minutes keeping the flame medium to high.
- Once the pan is hot, put a teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil and let it heat up. Now, place the patties keeping enough space between them.
- Cook the patties for 6 to 7 minutes on one side and then flip them to cook for another 6 to 7 minutes. Add your favorite seasonings to the patties if you haven’t already done so.
- Once you are sure that you have cooked the patties perfectly, remove them from the heat. Before removing the patties from the heat, you can put some cheese on them.
- Put the hot patties on a plate lined with paper napkins. This will help you to remove the excess oil from the tasty treats.
- Wait for some time for the patties to cool down. Finally, place them inside buns and mix with toppings of your choice. Your hamburgers are ready to serve.
How to Cook Frozen Patties Using an Air Fryer?
- If you want to use minimum oil for cooking the patties:
- Use an air fryer. The air fryer will also reduce the cooking time significantly.
- Set up your air fryer at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the patties in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep flipping them at regular intervals.
- Brush some oil onto them when they are almost ready.
Never try to cook all the burger patties together. They should have enough gaps in between to enable proper cooking. Instead, transfer the cooked patties to a plate and prepare the burgers.
How to Cook Frozen Patties in an Oven?
How to cook frozen hamburger patties in an oven? Cooking burger patties in an oven is much easier than doing so on any type of stove. As you are baking the patties in an oven, you’ll not need extra oil. For best results, you must preheat the oven at 230°C.
Lightly grease the oven tray and place the frozen patties in it. Cover the greased tray using aluminum foil and put it right at the center of the oven. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 160°C when cooking the patties. Allow the patties to cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
Don’t forget to flip the burger patties after 5 to 6 minutes. This will cook the patties evenly on both sides. Once you are confident that the patties are perfectly cooked, switch off the oven and transfer them onto a plate. Once the patties cool down, put them inside buns and prepare your favorite hamburgers.
Q: How many calories does a hamburger contain?
A traditional hamburger tends to contain around 295 calories. Out of them, almost 204 calories come from the patties.
Q: What’s the shelf life of a hamburger if you store it in the fridge?
Usually, hamburgers remain suitable for three to four days if refrigerated in an airtight container.
Q: Can you cook burger patties without thawing them?
No, you should thaw the frozen patties before you cook them.
Q: How much time will you need to cook frozen burger patties?
Depending on the process you choose, you may need 15 to 30 minutes to cook the frozen hamburger patties.
Q: Can you use a frying pan for cooking burger patties?
Yes, you can cook frozen patties in a flat frying pan.